Skip to main content

Project 2, Process Post 3

Fusion 360 is so great! Seriously, I like this program and I finally feel like I'm on a roll with this project. The designs are turning out so cool. The only problem is my computer is struggling with the what I'm asking for it to do (ie is lagging badly). But, I'm saving my progress a lot and the system hasn't given up yet so I'm really happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fusion 360 and Meshmixer Assignment

With Fusion 360 Getting Fusion 360 to work wasn't too difficult. Especially with the video, I managed to create the shape I had in mind. However, Meshmixer didn't like my shape. At all. The software crashed every time the pattern was put into duel edges, and every other setting didn't get the pattern but looked like the model was exploding. Not super sure what was happening, but at least I got Fusion to behave. With Meshmixer

"Landscapes of Memory..." Reading Response

I really appreciated reading this piece because it brought to light a view of the debated which I've hardly heard about or understood. I never thought about how seeing these figures or events being portrayed in positive or unrealistically ideal fashions could influence a viewer. As a response, I am still left unsure there is a right way with how to deal with the situation In my personal experience, I heard the problems people were having with these sculptures was merely rooted in the fact that they represented people and events as they were seen at the time, despite that it no longer follows the commonly accepted beliefs of the present. I understood this problem then to be emphasized by the plaques that were originally created to define the monuments for viewers with words that followed the old ideas. Therefor, I thought the problems were more in the need for the plaques to be updated with clauses that may or may not preserve the original intent, while building on to state the cu...

Project 3; Proposal

First off, I'm excited for this. Secondly, I really hope this comes together. Long story-short, the intent is to disrupt society's perception of reality through different rooms that will cast abnormal shadows and lights on the audience. Various rooms will lead into a final space that will serve as a call for universal acceptance of past, self, love, differences, and applying that to how the world and future is to be looked at. Specifically, the last room will achieve this through casting shadows of words of inspiration, which will also benefit as being slightly more literal and able to be understood by the large, general audience. The only thing that I haven't figured out yet is where this should go and how it should be installed. My intent is for my monument to take the place of one of the controversial removed monument, as to serve as a direct response of the previous monument's removal. As for how it will be installed, that follows the fa...